Friday, July 30, 2010

Hahahahaha!

In this post over at Lemondrop, they're talking about wedding proposals. Nothing too out of the ordinary...except this bit, which made me almost choke with laughter:

Second, she likes to believe that you know her intimately -- and no, we're not talking the carnal sense. We mean that you know, after all this time, how she takes her coffee, whether she likes to sleep with her socks off or on, and what her all-time favorite movie is. Pay close attention to that last one, guys, because no matter how deeply you loathe it, and even if she doesn't realize it, she is hoping that when she finally meets the man of her dreams, and he professes his intentions, he'll recreate a scene that's like something straight out of that.*

My favourite movie of all time? Aliens.

I think I can safely say that there is no way that a recreation of any scene from my favourite movie is going to get me in a proposal-accepting frame of mind.

Unless you're proposing to me while teaching me how to shoot a high-powered pulse rifle with a grenade launcher. That just might work.


*Emphasis most emphatically mine

No comments:

Post a Comment