Friday, May 1, 2015

Curveballs

Well, the victory of the mortgage payment was countered with the less-than-victory of expenses exceeding income this month. The Truck expenses (tires and oil changed, service, replacement of a burnt out indicator) came from the Truck account, so that was okay. But there was no account to cover the cost of having a small piece of my washing machine replaced.

I suppose I could have taken it from my Heating account, but that doesn't sit right with me. I think I might need a third account for Home Maintenance.

The expenses didn't put me in the hole, exactly, but they ate into my buffer money, and that is irritating. May is going to be a month of belt tightening, I think. I need to plug up the leaks in my wallet (fast food/junk food is the #1 wallet-leak that I can see), and get that money flowing into my savings.

Finances, wooo!

1 comment: