Monday, March 21, 2011

Side Effects

One of the unforeseen side effects of my almost-four years in Japan is a tendency to care a bit too much about What Other People Think of Me.

I'm not saying that I want to live in a world where I stop caring completely about WOPTOM (handy acronyms! Woohoo!), but I would like to Stop Caring What Other People Think of Me (SCWOPTOM) so much.

For instance - last night, I had a very vivid dream where I went back to the Gakuen to teach again, and spent the whole time wearing long-sleeved turtleneck shirts and socks so that none of my tattoos would be visible. I woke up exhausted from the effort of disguising myself.

That's just a minor example. I can't really discuss any of the others, the Real Time examples, because they all involve Real Time situations that are best left out of this blog.

...

I got derailed mid-thought, and don't remember where I was going with this.

Do you have any suggestions on how to SCWOPTOM?

2 comments:

  1. More booze? ahahahah

    You are one heck of an awesome woman and friend. Just keep reminding yourself of that.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in the Yukon, where SCWOPTOM = ICBHIWTBAIYDLITYPANM (I can be however I want to be and if you don't like it that's your problem and not mine).

    ReplyDelete