Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So Tired...

I took the afternoon off work, and H and I drove our dogs down Blind Creek Road. We parked about halfway between the turnoff for the Sheep Viewing Cabin and the eponymous Creek, let the dogs out of the trucks, and proceeded to walk behind them as they ran and jumped and did dog-things. We pretended to be scared of them when they came tearing back toward us ("Ah! They have rabies! Ah!"), lured them to rest with bacon (jerky treats, not real bacon), and shot the breeze about dog-stuff.

I worry that I am not providing the kind of home that Aki deserves...and then I remind myself that he probably would have been eaten by a wolf some time over the last month if I hadn't taken him, so he's doing pretty well.

Anywhoo, the end result of our walk is that Aki is asleep in his crate, the cats are asleep on my feet, and I will be asleep shortly after I put the laptop down and turn out the light.

Not bad, for a Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. You know my feelings on the subject of wolf-snacks, Kara - they can eat as many bunnies as they like, but puppies are a different story. I guess I'm still just a southerner at heart when it comes to dogs-being-eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm puppy snacks! Delicious! Full grown doggy snacks are even better!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been remiss in keeping up with my blogs! Regarding the agonizing over Aki - welcome to parenthood! That's what all good parents do worry about whether they are doing a good job or not (it's usually a sign that you are.
    Merry Christmas Erica

    ReplyDelete