Saturday, June 16, 2012

Where she been at?

I started an entry a couple weeks ago, but didn't get to finish it (I may have been at work, possibly?), and figured it was just easier to start over.

It's been a long time since I wrote - during that time, I accepted that I was not providing the best home for Aki and surrendered him to the shelter in Whitehorse, said goodbye to my work as the minute-taker/scribe for a local group, and focused on getting myself back to a more even keel. For the most part, I'm there now.

I'm getting ready to head out to Ontario to celebrate my middlest sister's nuptials, and to work on cleaning out my old bedroom at my parents' place. That's going to be tough - even though I haven't needed/wanted anything that was there (with a few exceptions - Hamish Hamilton Book of Princesses, you are coming back to Faro with me, never fear!), I know that as soon as I sit down to go through the process of decluttering, I will be hit with massive waves of paralyzing nostalgia. Going to have to fight my way through it, I guess.

As I watch Rodney sleeping on a pile of laundry that's supposed to be in the machine, and listen to Pakuchi rustling around in the drapes, I'm feeling pretty good about life. I've got good pals, a great family, and some kickass projects waiting for me when I get back here.

 Don't you worry about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment