Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crisp evenings

Welp, it's getting pretty crisp here in Faro. I pulled out a scarf and my Miss Marple hat for the walk over to the council meeting. The scarf matched my hair perfectly, while the pink hat looked a little odd. Hurray for not caring about what other people think!

Harold told me that he is using the quilt I gave him, and he loves it. When I first bought my fancy dancy sewing machine last year, I was too nervous to even take it out of the box for a month. I had never spent that much money on a household appliance before, and I was convinced I would break it. Harold was the one who pushed me into using it, and the quilt I gave him was the first one I made on that machine. It's not the best one I've made, but it was the first one, and it meant something to me.

I'm hearing lots of things from old friends - sad news, dissolving relationships, depression in its many awful faces. I can't physically reach out and take their hands or give them hugs, but my spirit is out there with Zen-hugs en masse. We're all in this together, on this blue-green rock in space. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment