Friday, February 13, 2015

Avoidance

I have stayed away from here for a very long time.

I made excuses (I'm on too many platforms, I don't have anything to say, I don't have time) and I dithered.

The truth is, I needed to go away to begin to heal. My transition from life in Faro to life in WH has been tumultuous. If one were to look at the graph of my life since I moved, the general trend is upward, but it's been full of many ups and downs.

I have needed time away to start to find myself again. I recently mentioned to someone that I don't think there's anywhere I am or anyone to whom I am completely honest. I'm constantly putting on different outfits, being different people, editing what I say and what I do depending on who I am with.

It's fucking exhausting.

So, now I get to decide if the exhaustion of being so many different people is more overwhelming than letting some of those people go. I don't know the answer. I may not know the answer in a few weeks. I may not update for another year.

But I'm still here, and I'm getting better.

1 comment: