Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ugh

I'm reminded that I don't fit in a really good niche in the personal finance sphere.

Most of the advice geared towards people looking to save money involves basic suggestions like 'cut cable,' 'brown bag your lunch a couple times a week,' and 'stop buying fancy coffees every day.'

It's a tad harder to find ways to save money when you already pack your own lunch every day (made from leftovers you cooked the night before, with ingredients as basic as you can get), haven't had cable in 10 years, don't have a cell phone, and basically already do all the stuff financial gurus tell you will make a difference.

Like, I'm not going to start smoking again just so I can quit again and save money that way.

I want to be able to pre-pay big chunks against my mortgage every year. I want to maximize my TFSA and RSP every year. I want to live free, under my own steam, knowing I've got something put away for tomorrow but also having enough to enjoy today.

Something tells me I might have to become my own personal finance blog - I'm not going to find the right fit for a thrifty Northern life in PF blog from someone living in TO. I have to figure this stuff out on my own :P

No comments:

Post a Comment