Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bored in YVR

So, here I sit at the airport, biding my time until my flight leaves for London. I'm peopled-out, thanks to the woman two rows behind me on the plane who would not stop talking. It was 7:00am, I didn't want to hear the details of her life. I may have caused myself some permanent hearing loss from how high I cranked the volume on my iPod.

My drive to Whitehorse was uneventful. I was going slightly slower than the limit most of the way, because I'm not accustomed to winter driving, and I have visions of going around a corner too fast and winding up in Little Salmon Lake.

Leo and Esther were waiting for me, and plied me with a great deal of wine, good food, and desserts. They also told me to cancel my reservation in WH for the 30th, and just stay at their house. They won't be there, but their boarder will be, and they gave me a key and everything. Leo drove my truck to the airport this morning and dropped me off.

They're such nice people - the kind of people that make me love the Yukon. I'll have to work on quilting the lap-quilt I pieced for them when I get back to Faro.

Psst, Kara, I had a sandwich for lunch today - I figured it was the least offensive thing I could eat ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment