Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"My friends call me...Ahkbar."

No, they don't, but I watched Romeo Must Die again last night, and that's all that came to mind.

I'm heading out of Faro today, on my way to the Association of Yukon Communities Annual General Meeting in Haines Junction. (That's a mouthful, ain't it?) I'm still not 100% sure why I am going, but I will try to take advantage of the opportunity to see another community, network with folk from the various communities, and really try to wind myself down after the Crane & Sheep Festival.

That last one is proving difficult. But hey, at least I haven't turned to the bottle ^_^

I'm really hoping to sit down and write a proper entry about the C&S, both for this page and for the Town's official (but as of yet, unwritten to) blog. Michael of Michael's Meanderings has some great posts about his family's trip up here this weekend, with great photos! I only got a few photos, because I was running around so much (Anxcitement!) so it's nice to see what other people saw.

In other news, instead of going to bed at a decent hour, like a normal person, last night I stayed up to make a new quilt top. I'm hoping to have enough time before I leave for WH to piece together the backing, and then to take it with me to work on during the brief times when I am not required in meetings. I need to start selling some quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment