Friday, July 15, 2011

Words of wisdom

Some of you may be aware of one of my earliest crushes, lasting through my teenage years and continuing on to this day. I speak, of course, of Wil Wheaton.

When ST:TNG came out, I was at just the right age for a celebrity crush. (Which is not to say that the age I'm at now is the wrong age for such a crush, because lalalala I am rewatching CSI:NY just for the Gary Sinise lalala I can't hear you.) I'm not sure if the crush was totally on @wilw, because a large portion of it was a crush on Wesley.*

Years later, though, when I was at university and Wil Wheaton had kind of disappeared from the acting map, I discovered his blog. He was one of the first celebrity bloggers, but more importantly he was a geek. He liked the same comics I did, he he was funny to read, and it was a revelation.**

Anyway, fast-forward to now. WWdN.iX is one website that I check almost daily, along with all the social media sites that are my bread and butter. And this morning, I read this entry. I had seen the individual tweets on my Twitter-stream, but they hadn't really registered as I was bombarded with updates from everyone else.

I'm trying to keep those words close today.***



*I don't deny it. It is what it is.
**It also meant that my teenage dream of marrying him was dashed, because he was totally married to someone else. Sigh~~
***It goes without saying that "Don't be a dick" is something I remind myself of, constantly. Not just when I am wearing this T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment