Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I survived!

I am still alive and kicking after my ten days with the parentals (well, kicking is perhaps a bit strong, flailing is a bit closer to what I am doing).

I had Monday off to make up for the Friday I worked during my vacation, and I'm only now beginning to feel like a person again. I've been bonding with the cats, putting the first coat of stain on my new headboard, and working on a new quilt-top made from material I purchased in Juneau. I watched the 6-hour BBC Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth (which is still as amusing and repressed-sexy as it was when I was in high school), and followed that with the first six episodes of Supernatural. And I wonder why I'm single ^_^

Having the parents staying with me was troubling on a certain level. Is it possible for a person to become so fixed in her ways that she becomes incapable of living with other people? I'm afraid I'm heading toward that outcome - I will never be able to live with a guy because I can't live with anyone but my loud and annoying cats.

Whew.

On another level, it was nice to have my mom around to show me different ways to cook chicken. I'll be stopping at the Liquor Store on the way home to pick up a nice white wine for poaching my dinner ^_^ Or maybe I'll just have the bottle of wine for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment