Monday, May 17, 2010

Going to Town

I am going to town this afternoon, and it is hard for me to do anything productive.

I'm going in for a meeting about the new health plan all the Yukon Communities are enrolled in, which means there will probably be a lot of note-taking involved. But there will also be a hotel bed, and a chance to go grocery shopping, so I'm all woooo-hoooo. But, you know, in a quiet, refined kind of way.

In other news, I have punctured the middle finger on my left hand through excessive quilting over the weekend. I couldn't find my good thimble, and nothing else seemed to have any effect at all - bandages were punctured within three stitches, and whoever suggested a few layers of nail polish obviously was not familiar with my inability to allow nail polish to dry. Luckily, I did not touch the fabric during that experiment.

The new quilt is coming along pretty well, I think. The part that I thought would be the hardest (freehand-drawing of vines and leaves) is actually proving to be fairly simple. The only difficult part is the darkness of the fabric combined with a regular old pencil makes it tricky to see what I've drawn in order to quilt it. But with any luck, I'll pick up a white pencil at Walmart or the Bear's Paw, and then everything will be aces.

No comments:

Post a Comment