Monday, September 20, 2010

HEART ATTACK (not really)

So, I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed around 7:30, and walked into the living room...where I found the back door open and the skinny cat nowhere to be seen.

If you heard a thud around that time, that would have been my heart dropping out of my chest onto the floor.

I called out a few times, and then I got his food dish and rattled it. Within moments, he came running inside. I snatched him up and held him against my chest. He was cold - God only knows how long he was outside.

Even as I was thanking the stars that he hadn't wandered off too far or been eaten by a fox, I was cursing him. He never used to be so bold. Getting into the space between the walls, wandering outside...the one time he got stuck on the porch in Japan, he stayed right by the door and cried to come in. Moving to the Yukon has been bad for him.

I don't know what happened last night - I guess that, when I took my laundry in, I didn't push the door all the way shut. The lock was locked, but it wouldn't have made a different since it never latched.

Either that, or someone broke into my house - but the computer and DVD player are still here, so the chances of that are slim.

I'm so wound up, I haven't been able to make breakfast...and I had a good one planned, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment