Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have not vanished into the mist

My internet connection should be working tomorrow at the new place. Heck, it might even be working now, but I haven't found the box where my router and phone are, so I haven't been able to check.

I burned my thumb on the wood-stove yesterday. I am having some major hand/eye coordination issues lately. The burn isn't really bad, although I did call over to Matt and Kara's because I couldn't remember if you're supposed to leave the blister alone or lance it (I really wanted to lance it, it feels like my thumb has grown a thumb of its own). Between the burn and all the assorted bruises I gave myself this weekend, I am looking a bit worse for wear.

I did a lot of unpacking this weekend. Probably less than I should have, but I get bored easily. Kara told me I have Adult ADD, which makes me laugh. That's better than Early Onset Menopause, which is what Dianne always used to tell me I had.

I think I heard the Cranes flying south this morning. There was a strange honking sound in the air. Everything is starting to change colour, and I'm thinking about packing away some of my warm weather office clothing. Of course, the fact that I dislike a lot of that warm weather office clothing is helping. Man, I bought some weird ass clothing when I worked at Lindor.

I fully intended to do 20 minutes on the treadmill this morning when I woke up, but wound up lying in bed with a cat-blanket from neck to knees. I should feel guiltier about that than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment