Saturday, January 22, 2011

Firewood!

Dan is in the garage now, tossing my cord of firewood from the back of his trailer. I wasn't expecting him so early, and was in my pjs with bedhead. No worries, though, because I have firewood again!

Once he's done, I will don warmer socks and perhaps my puffy vest, and I will commence Stackstravaganza, the cousin of Chopstravaganza. I'm anticipating lovely wood heat later today, and perhaps several cups of hot chocolate.

He says he will be getting me another cord later, possibly this week, which means that everything I have now will need to be stacked well. I'll try to take as much downstairs as possible, too. But there is some snow on the logs, and I don't really want it all melting downstairs.

Hurray, hurray!

2 comments:

  1. I grew up with a woodstove, and being the only child, was the one responsible to stack it all. Is it weird that I learned to love piling wood? I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come up here and stack wood any time you like. There will be photos forthcoming - I spent the whole 2.5 hours I was stacking waiting to make a really lame joke ^_^

    ReplyDelete