Monday, January 31, 2011

The Procrastinatrix Strikes Again

So, I've got this proposal that is due tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow.

Until last week, the deadline wasn't a problem, because we weren't applying for funding. The application we put in last year was cancelled, and I figured why apply for the same thing that we will just end up cancelling again?

But last week, I figured out a different position we could apply for, through a slightly different agency, and BOOM! A proposal needed working on, STAT.

But I was away for a good portion of last week, and put off looking at the file, because I am a moron like that. That's what comes of being "smart" in high school. Not the kind of smart that studied and had good work ethics and stuff...no, I mean the kind of smart that could bullshit an English essay the day before it was due, having only skimmed the source material. The kind of smart that crammed like crazy the night before a test and always got good marks.

I mean, I should know better by now. I got my ass handed to me in university - I didn't have the foundation needed to actually study, to plan ahead and work on things in advance. Plus, I was studying Classics, Queen's very own joke-major. I think I wrote 3 essays in first year, and 2 in my final year. That's it. I'm lucky I graduated.

The thing with proposals is - you need to be good at talking things up. You need to sell the proposal without exaggerating too much. And I am not great at sales. (Ask Dianne for many examples during my time at Lindor.)

What it boils down to is this: we need someone to come and help us out. They can probably stay in my basement. Give us money.


Okay, break time is over. Back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment