Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lessons I have learned

1. Next year, buy at least 3 cords of firewood. Granted, if I had stayed with my teeny tiny woodstove, the cord I bought probably would have been sufficient, as I wouldn't be throwing whole logs in it. I also wouldn't be running it non-stop, as it was really small. Once the wood is gone, it's back to the furnace, which I hate.

2. Obtain a wheelbarrow. I borrowed an absentee-neighbour's to move my cord into the garage for stacking, but when I returned it, his tenant thought I had stolen it. I have a bunch of smaller wood stacked outside that was given to me by my across-the-street neighbours - it's now covered in snow, and I am wheelbarrow-less. Moving that stuff into the garage is going to be a pain.


That's all I've got for this morning. The part of me that wants to keep the woodstove running all winter long is competing with the part of me that has an upset stomach and just wants to lie on the sofa all day.

2 comments:

  1. Cleo! I'm going to follow your blog! I love the layout! I have some catch-up reading to do...

    I started (another) blog a couple months ago in preparation for my trip to Austria:

    http://muffetpie.blogspot.com

    Please excuse the layout! It's a work in progress that I may never get around to fixing...

    Love, your former roomie, Mads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mads! I will follow your Austrian adventures with eager anticipation!

    ReplyDelete