Monday, January 3, 2011

And so I'm back...from outer cyber-space

So, I took a little vacation from the internets. It wasn't really planned, but it was refreshing nonetheless. I went back to Ontario for almost three weeks, and some good times were had.

But now I'm back in Faro, and it's time to get 2011 rolling. Obviously, the past two days didn't count (I spent the majority of both of them in bed, watching Fringe). They were like a warm-up ^_^

I don't have a big list of goals for the coming year or a list of resolutions. I have ideas for the future, but nothing concrete. The only thing I am sure of is that I am going to conquer Candida Albicans this year and start feeling better. I ate a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have eaten over Christmas, and the new year is going to be a lot cleaner.

Of course, having said that, I am waiting until next week to start on the cleanse that Kara ordered for me, because the Wents are going out of town for a week and I have to make my own dinners. Me + making dinner = recipe for disaster. (This is not to put any guilt on you, Kara - I promise, there will be no pizza this week ^_^)

Today will include a lot of cleaning, possibly assembling my new bookshelf, and hopefully sitting down in the afternoon with a movie and Hunter's quilt. I'd like to get that finished before I settle in to work on the Crazy Cowboy quilt for my sister.

w00t w00t1

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to coming back already and getting back into our routine!

    And after six days of perfect eating, I found Matt's secret stash of goodies and ate six cookies, which then led to two pancakes, and a piece of sausage with Diet Pepsi. Not horrible I guess, but not good either!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain - somehow, a box of cookies found its way into my grocery basket beside all the healthy eggs and cheese and brown rice!

    We'll do better next week ^_^

    ReplyDelete