Friday, January 21, 2011

Updates from the Department of Yukon Life Lessons

3. Your garage is lower than your driveway, so make sure the snow is cleared down to the gravel.

My firewood guy is coming to drop off more wood today, and I really wanted him to just drop it in the garage so I could stack it indoors. I have to borrow a wheelbarrow, otherwise, and it is a great pain.

Unfortunately, I discovered that I can only open the garage doors a crack on either side, because there is a ... I don't know what to call it. A depression? An incline? Whatever it is called, I can't get the doors open because of the snow, even though I have cleared it as much as my crummy plastic shovel will allow. The snow that fell is kind of packed down, and it is going to take a lot of work to clear it. So even if Dan drops the firewood on the lawn, getting it into the garage is going to be a pain.

Too bad I have to go back to work in half an hour. This is going to take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment