Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When you've drawn blood, you've exfoliated

I've decided that, from now on, all of my blog entries will have titles drawn from the vast collection of TV quotes I have amassed over the years. Today's is drawn (haha, you see what I did there?) from an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

It's also topical, because I totally over-exfoliated earlier this week, and wound up with scabby arms. It was my OCD tendencies taking over - I kept going, even after I could feel that my arms were scratched. This is not the first time such a thing has happened.

Oh, no - we're getting to the bit in Eragon where Brom (Jeremy Irons) dies. Oh, sorry if you haven't seen it already - that was a total spoiler. I'm not going to lie, I'm weeping. Predictable and derivative as the movie/book can be, I always cry when Brom dies.

Life progresses, here in Faro. My work on the Festival continues, there are Council meetings and special meetings and sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a day without a meeting, and summer is approaching rapidly. Will the cranes come? Will my keynote speaker be well received? Will I have to flip moose-burgers at the Wild Game BBQ when what I'd prefer to be doing is having a nervous breakdown? Only time will tell.

Sleep is the next item on the agenda. Not enough time, really, but it must be taken when the chance exists ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica;
    I watched the whole Buffy series and I've seen Eragon too! Keep the quotes coming and I think you are doing a great job(which is totally irrelevant by the way) because what matters is that you think and know so-
    Quote from ??
    "Breath Deep, Seek Peace"
    and I add Sleep Well!

    ReplyDelete