Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feliz Navidad! Feliz Cumpleaños to me

There was a cake at coffee break time - I didn't take a picture because I was too busy being serenaded by Glenda and half of Council, but rest assured, it was lovely to behold and delicious to consume.

I was late for work today, actually. Last night's meeting ran until 10pm, which meant that I wasn't home until 10:30. There was a rumour floating around the news and internet that around 3am this morning might be a good time for seeing the Northern Lights. I was trying to stay up for that, but eventually crashed at 1:30 - I hope they weren't out at 3am, that would be disappointing.

Anywhoodle, I had a hard time sleeping, then a hard time staying awake, and I finally rolled out of bed at 8:35...five minutes after I was supposed to be at work. Whoops! I called Glenda to let her know, and then took my time showering and picking out my clothes.

It's only fair for me to be late on my birthday - I was two weeks late to my first one, why change a good thing after *thirty-mumble* years?

Now I have to decide between being a Responsible Adult who doesn't put anything more on her credit card until the current balance is paid off and being a Birthday Girl who buys herself a pair of wicked, impractical stilletos and a skirt she can't fit into until she loses a few pounds. Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday shout out across the blogosphere. As as 30-mumble-something myself with a predilection for impractical shoes and vintage cocktail dresses I can no longer fit into, I most certainly vote for the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Leo! Mine's coming up on Monday! Meow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YCB - That's 'cuz all the coolest cats were born under the sign of the Lion ^_^

    Me - I'm struggling on the shoes - torn between my desire to wear crazy things and my desire to fit in to this town. (The shoes will probably win, in the end)

    ReplyDelete