Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Discover Day!

So, to celebrate the Yukon, on the statutory holiday (Suck it, everyone in Ontario who gloated at me two weeks ago when I was at work and you were at a BBQ or the beach!), I got called over to the CRIC to meet with a lady from the Yukon Heritage and Museums Association. Hurray.

Seriously, I was ticked off. I was in my PJs, trying to work up the energy to put my painting clothes on and head over to the new place to do more painting (my arms and back hate me so much now), when S called to ask me to come over. I hadn't showered, because, really, what's the point when I'm just going to get sweaty and gross over at the new place? But I put on my Big Girl Panties and said I would be over in half an hour.

The upshot is that there is a bunch of funding available to us, so yay! There's a social media seminar coming up in Whitehorse in October, and I could get that paid for, which would be super. And I got a cup of coffee out of the deal - wooo!

It turns out that my painting pants aren't dry yet (I washed them last night because they were totally disgusting), so I am having lunch and watching a little SPN before I head over for more painting funtimes! Perhaps I will check out eBay for more saris for decorating purposes ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment