Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tired of painting

My enthusiasm has waned as the project progresses.

I went over to the new place to put another coat on the dark wall in the bedroom and inside the closet. Now I'm trying to decide if the dark wall in the living room actually needs a third coat of paint or if I am just being fussy. There is one spot that definitely needs a touch-up, but the rest of it might be fine.

The people who are moving into my current place are making me feel pressured to get out of here ASAP. I'm hoping to go in to Whitehorse this weekend to buy curtain rods and pillow forms so I can start decorating as soon as my eBay purchases arrive. Should I bother buying paint to re-do the trim on the windows and doors? A perfectionist would, but a girl who is tired of painting might not.

I was originally planning to leave Friday night and stay over at a hotel, because doing the drive in and out in one day is really draining. But I've been invited to a baby shower on Friday, and I'm really torn.

I feel awkward around most of the gals my age in town (not you, Kara ^_^). I'm not a mum, and I don't have a guy, and I feel conspicuous because I work for the town. Plus, when I get nervous, my stomach reacts badly (remember the Ladies Night Out fiasco?). But if I don't try hanging out with them, the awkwardness will never have an opportunity to dissipate.

Ah well, too late in the day to worry about these things.

4 comments:

  1. You have no choice. Your presence at the baby shower is mandatory! WH can wait until Saturday. And you have no reason to reel awkward- everyone really likes you and asks about you all of the time!!!

    And if tummy reacts badly, well there is a very nice bathroom there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. reel. Did you see that word? Where is my brain. I am surprised you haven't banned me from your blog with my poor spelling and grammar! ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only judgmental about the spelling and grammar of guys I might potentially date. You're safe :)

    ReplyDelete