Sunday, August 8, 2010

I am not, perhaps, destined to be a painter

I've been over at the new place all afternoon, taping and painting. I guess I hadn't mixed the paint up quite as much as I should have, because when I was doing the edges of the first two walls (ceiling, floor, and around the windows) there was a lot of dripping and patchy colour. So, naturally, I had to go over those spots again.

I got the first coat of paint on in the living room, though, and I think it's starting to have a bit more personality ^_^ With luck, I'll be over there again tomorrow, putting on coat number two.

Really, what's been taking me the longest time is all the taping. I hate that part - the fiddling around corners, trying to get the tape to stick to the horrible stucco ceiling. Also, someone who used to live in the house had a real thing for staples - there were staples all over the walls. They're all on the carpet, now.

My back and shoulders are on fire now, so I'm going to hit up a nice hot bath.

All in all, a pretty good Sunday. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment