Friday, August 27, 2010

The way to start your morning

I know that guy wasn't swearing at me, he was swearing about someone else when he was talking to me, but come on. That is so not the way I want to start my morning. I already had to use the scraper on my windshield. Don't get me down any further, bro.

I spent an hour and a half on eHarmony last night (warning: yes, I am on eHarmony) going through matches and sending messages. You see, they send between 2 and 5 new matches per day, and I fall behind because I am phenomenally indecisive and can't decide who to send messages to and who to archive. When I sat down to it at 9:30, I had 67 matches in my New folder.

They weren't all new, per se, but they were not-dealt-with-at-the-time. SO I went through and archived those who needed archiving (as in, I really wasn't feeling it right off the bat for some reason, but didn't feel I actually needed to close them) and sent messages to the rest.

I'm exhausted from the effort of clicking mouse buttons.

What's really stupid about the whole thing is that I'm not sure I want it to work out. There's a part of me that doesn't want to be doing the pursuing. There's a part of me that doesn't want to start a long-distance relationship with a guy in some faraway place.

I want someone right here and now, who sees me for who I am and who wants me like crazy. I want love to trip and fall in front of me, to come over to my house to watch DVDs and talk about his day. I'm tired of being told it will happen "when I least expect it" or "when you aren't looking for it." It's gotten to the point where I don't know if I even believe in it.

Sigh.

I didn't have breakfast this morning, and it's left me a little cranky. Now I will add coffee to the mix and see what happens.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you about my experience with eHarmony a few years ago. But instead I'll tell you about a woman from Ontario who emailed me to ask about Carcross back in 2000. I answered her questions and asked her to drop by when she got here and I'd take her hiking on Montana Mountain. At one point early in the day, I took her hand to help her across a creek. It was like a little electric shock. To keep a long story short, we've been together ever since and my soul-mate and I got married on a beach in New Zealand 3 years ago. It does happen - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see, those are the kinds of stories I like to hear ^_^

    I'm not really keen on eHarmony after my disastrous first attempt to sign up with them where they told me that my personality was so disparate that they didn't think they could match me with anyone and they'd rather not have me as a client than have me as a failure. But friends have been gently nudging me toward at least looking online, so I tried again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met a lot of really interesting women on eHarmony and had an enjoyable few months out of it. But the only in-person meeting was a disaster - I asked all the right questions and she had all the right answers to hide her psychoses! I can finally look back and laugh at the experience as part of The Adventure! Be careful and Have Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Murray's story!

    You should hang out more at the visitor's centre. I keep seeing these hot guys on motorcycles coming through town!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't hang out at the visitor's centre - the coven hangs out there ^_~

    ReplyDelete