Monday, February 15, 2010

Another day, another box of stolen pens

Not *actual* stolen pens, of course. It's just a line from an old episode of the Simpsons. But I say it every Monday morning.

Technically, it's Monday afternoon already, so I'm running late.

I got two things off my desk this morning, but already I feel behind. It's hard to separate my job and my life, especially when I don't have much of a life outside of the job. That's what happened in Japan - all I had was the job, and I hated the job.

I don't want to be like that again. I want work to end when I leave the office, and I want to be moderately excited about going to work in the morning. When I'm away, I want to be happy - I don't want the thought of returning to work to make me sad. Sure, Tuesdays might be long on meeting days, but they're once every two weeks. I can handle it.

I am enjoying going to aerobics classes - sure, I groan and curse while I'm there, but I always feel so good after feeling so bad. I like hanging out with Matt and Kara, and I look forward to meeting more people in town.

Perhaps I will bring an Easter Egg for my desk, to remind me that there is life outside the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment