Monday, February 1, 2010

It's official

I no longer live in the Studio Hotel.

I had some grand times there (okay, maybe not grand) and it helped me ease my way into life in Faro, but I am off to the greener pastures of the Upper Bench. (Ah, the Upper Bench, so easy to walk to work, so incredibly painful to walk home.)

Friday night I did manage to get to Kara and Matt's for supper, where I tried moose roast for the first time - delish! And it was nice to have conversation with other people, and to play with the baby, and to get drooled on by the grey cat. I went home afterward to pack...and wound up finishing my current batch of Easter Eggs.

Naturally, that meant I had to wake up at the crack of dawn on Saturday to pack up my belongings. "No problem," I said to myself, "it's not like I have much stuff. I came up here with two suitcases, and I've only been to Whitehorse once."

Unfortunately for me, the hotel room was like the TARDIS - I couldn't believe how much stuff was crammed inside closets and dresser drawers. All in all, I managed to fill the back of Kara and Matt's truck...and none of that was furniture.

So, packing packing packing, then carrying carrying carrying things down to the truck, and carrying carrying carrying things into the house, and then more carrying up the stairs.

After a while of unpacking, I decided I needed junk food, so I walked down to the store. Big mistake. I had not realized just how dreadful the walk back up would be. By the time I got home (an hour later), my legs were trembling and I was weaving from side to side like I was drunk.

Long story short, if you heard intermittent whimpering and groaning on Sunday, that was me - every time I moved my arms or legs, I was in agony. It was a pity no one was around to shower me with attention and chocolates...no matter how badly I wanted chocolate, there was no way I was walking to the store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment