Friday, March 19, 2010

In the words of The Clash...

Should I stay or should I go?

I'm not actually thinking about jumping ship, don't fret. But Heather said something yesterday that made me think (because, really, that's exactly what I need, more stuff to overthink) - she said my seeing hardly any wildlife since I got here could be taken as a sign that I'm not really sure if I'm going to stay. It's like I haven't made up my mind yet, and so the North hasn't made its mind up about me, either.

I thought it was more probable that I spend all my day inside the office, and then I go home and spend my evening in the house, but what she said does have some merit.

I might have been a bit hasty coming up here (again, stressing that I am not jumping ship). It was like when I moved to Japan - I got this notion in my head that that was where I had to go, and I went. I didn't think about what it would actually be like, I just closed my eyes and jumped.

I think that my overthinking and my leapwithoutlooking are related. It almost feels like the only way I can make decisions is by jumping, because otherwise I think and think and think until I just can't think anymore...and by then the opportunity has passed.

Yeah.

In other news, I was sassy to someone today, and it felt great! No getting trampled on for this dame.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am the same as you! I made all these moves around the north on whims. Had I put more thought into each move who knows if we would have done it.

    Can't wait to hear about your new-found sassyness!

    ReplyDelete