Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stupid pants

I was almost late for work this morning because of my pants.

The pants I had chosen to wear today used to be my favourites. I got them at my old mall job, and they were pretty snazzy for old-lady clothing. Subdued charcoal grey, with a very subdued white plaid, they felt good and went with a lot of the shirts I had. When I started losing weight on the dysbiosis diet, they felt even better, because they were starting to fall off.

Well, I have definitely put the weight back on since I've been here (Thanks for reminding me of that, Leni!) because this morning I could barely get the stupid pants zipped up. And once I did...hoo, boy. They are unfortunately a bit more high-waisted than I remember them being, and also clingy across the stomach (which is a lot poochier than it was), and I just about cried in the bathroom.

So I put on some other pants with a lower waist (all the better to hold in check the part of my stomach that bothers me), and then decided on a different shirt because the red one I originally chose was really really emphasizing my unfortunate tendency to anxiety-breakouts, and by the time I finished all my mucking about, it was ten minutes past my usual departure time.

Ugh, I hate complaining about my weight (well, no, I love complaining about my weight, I just don't want it to be the only thing I talk about here, which it could easily do), so instead I'm going to focus on the positive - the dysbiosis diet was working for me.

It is really difficult to cut out all the things I have to cut out, and it is not a quick fix, but it was working. I was feeling better and starting to recover from this problem that has plagued me for years. If I hadn't fallen off the wagon at that stupid Halloween party at Jeff and Julie's (hooray for eating to avoid feeling awkward at social gatherings!), I might have been better prepared when I came up here. Of course, I probably would have had the same difficulty once I got up here (ie. very limited access to the foods I need).

What was I talking about again?

Anyway, I can't wait to go to Whitehorse tomorrow. I have a kickass dysbiosis grocery list typed up, and I am ready to rock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment