Monday, March 29, 2010

The Lunch Hour Slump

The day got off to a rollicking start - I was knocking things off my To Do list like I was some kind of sports-player engaging in some kind of sport with great efficiency. (Not so good with the similies today, this gal.)

Then I hit that pre-noon slump, and I couldn't extricate myself. I was slowing down, getting distracted (thinking about the guy who gave the workshop yesterday, wondering what I was going to do with my life), and I couldn't seem to get back on track.

Even now, on my lunch hour, I can't seem to focus on anything. Maybe it's because there are suddenly seven things that I thought other people were doing that I have to do, and it is making me a bit squirrelly - I hate getting caught at the last moment. Especially because they were things I was going to do back in bloody January, but was told that someone else was going to be taking care of them. Yeargh!

But I am formulating plans, even as chaos swirls around me. In September, armed with my bed, couch, and two cats, I am moving back in to the Hotel, where I will stay until next April. I can save my shekels, and review my options. It will be good. Just have to make it until the end of August in the Big House.

I'd best be bracing myself, though. Some people are on their way in to talk to me about the Festival, and I need to be calm, focused, and in control from the get-go.

2 comments:

  1. Why won't they let you into the hotel any earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they don't rent rooms out by the month during the summer months...because of money ^_^ It's okay, if I can get eight solid months in at their rate, I'll be laughing by the time next April rolls around.

    ReplyDelete