Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Angry Bees

Today, on the whole, was the kind of day I like to refer to as an Angry Bees Day.

When I worked at the Gakuen, we weren't allowed to swear in front of the children - not an unreasonable request, really, but one that sometimes taxed a person's creativity when it came to expressing her true feelings. So we had to come up with words that could not be construed as being bad, but which got the meaning across to those in the know.

My favourite was funny turtles, after a story someone told me about having referred to someone in a very vulgar manner, not realizing there was a child present, and the child agreeing that, yes, so-and-so was a funny turtle. Sean and I used that expression all the time - it was our code for when the other teachers were passive-aggressively acting out against us.

Angry bees, on the other hand, means the kind of day where everything is wrong from the get-go, and every interaction you have with other people makes you want to cry with frustration. Knowing that you are being irrational doesn't help, either - it just makes you madder. I apologized several times over the course of the day to my coworkers, because I was adding to the stress level in the office but I couldn't seem to stop.

The upshot of this angry bees day is that I am staying at the office instead of going home, so that I can get the public packages printed up for the meeting tonight, and I can get some things done now that I am alone.


On the plus side, I was approved for financing, so I will definitely be picking up my truck this weekend ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment