Saturday, April 3, 2010

Busy day

After spending Thursday night in a cooler-fuzzed haze of Ashes to Ashes and a blazing fire, and spending Friday regretting the amount of alcohol consumed Thursday night but still drinking a bunch at Matt and Kara's that night, I woke up early this morning.

We were heading out to Little Salmon Lake, where a lady named Bernice was having a yard sale - I was told her husband passed away, and she has sold their house to a couple from Dawson City, and she was getting rid of a ton of stuff. The Went crew picked me up and we drove 45 minutes out to LSL. The sale officially started at 10, according to the ad in the local paper, but people obviously had been there longer than that.

We poked and puttered around - I really wanted an axe or hatchet, so I could chop up some wood and ensure I have kindling, but alas, there was none. I did pick up a couple of jerry cans which is awesome because I have set the wheels in motion for me to pick up a truck in Whitehorse next weekend.

The real find was in the basement, though - I picked up some power tools - namely a Ryobi starter kit containing a drill, a saw, and some batteries. I threw in a box of drill/screw bits, a ratchet set (an old-time favourite, dating back to my time in Ottawa), and a hammer, and I felt ready to conquer the world. (Or at least ready to build my own coffee table.)

When we got back in to Faro, I called up this girl who has a trailer for sale in town and asked if I could come over and see it at some point. Michel had suggested it as an option, and told me to keep an open mind. I borrowed Matt as my "honourary manfolk," and we went over there after a delicious Easter dinner (thanks, Kara!).

I kept my mind open, but have ultimately decided that I'm going to stick with my original plan of moving back to the hotel for the winter. The trailer would require more work than I have time to put into it, and more money than I have to throw around. There is someone else interested in it, and I am going to call the girl up tomorrow and let her know that she can go ahead and tell him OK. I'm going back to the hotel where I can have my own furniture and the satellite TV is included ^_^

All in all, a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment