Monday, April 5, 2010

One is the loneliest number...

Well, my main hang-out crew has departed for Mayo for the week, leaving me blue. I hope they have a great time, though - I will just have to remember how to occupy myself.

I am thinking that a quick round of "Clean House" and some "Spring Decluttering" might be just the ticket. It's amazing how much stuff I have accumulated... particularly when you think of how little storage I have here.

I've also got some new projects on the go, quilt-wise. I haven't bought any new fabric - I'm using mostly scraps from the Rainbow Quilt (and the Mermaid Quilt), a stack of four fat quarters I bought last month when I went to WH with Kara, and a fifth fat quarter that Lucy gave me for looking after Oscar. The projects - baby quilts. I want them to be cute, but I don't want to get emotionally invested in them. Then perhaps I can try selling them.

Because I bought them before the fabric-buying-embargo, I don't need to have any guilt about them. I keep telling myself I am not allowed to buy more fabric until after the Crane & Sheep Festival, but with a new truck and insurance payments to think about, plus the new computer, it's beginning to look more like no fabric until September, which sucks.

On the other hand, the last pieces for the red quilt should be arriving shortly, so I can work on quilting that over the summer months, which should keep me occupied.

Oh dear, I think this is turning into a quilting blog.

To recover - I would like to buy the materials needed to build a coffee table when I go in to WH to pick up my truck. It would be nice to have a table I'm less worried about scratching or setting on fire than the one I am currently borrowing. I'm just concerned I am going to wind up with too much stuff to fit in my hotel room.

Okay, then. Clean House it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment