Friday, April 16, 2010

So, snow?

When I tucked my tipsy self in to bed last night (yes, I was drinking on a Thursday, we'll keep a close eye on that in future), the hillside behind my house was almost totally bare. All the snow was gone, and I could see dried grasses and rocks. I had a vision of what the hill might look like in summer.

This morning, when I stumbled my groggy morning self out of that same bed, the hill was covered in snow. You may have heard me crying out, "What?" or "Why?" or "The hell you say!" - I was not impressed.

It isn't a heavy snow, and there's not tons and tons of it, but it was just so surprising. It's the wet stuff, too, so my jeans are damp around the bottoms from walking out to the truck. And I had to brush snow off the truck - good thing I bought a brush/scraper at Canadian Tire.

Speaking of the truck, I have figured out that it is a strange height for me. It's not quite high enough for me to need to step on the rail, but if I try to get in without stepping on it, it is awkward. On the other hand, if I do step on the rail, I have to scrunch down to get into the seat. So it is all around strange.

But I love it! Don't get me wrong, I love it!

It's just strange.

1 comment:

  1. I was up with mr. crankypants between 2 and 3 this morning and man was it ever snowing!! I could barely see across the street. Thank goodness it is almost all gone!

    ReplyDelete