Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blaming the Sky

So much of my life seems to centre around stress lately.

There is work-stress, which is the most predominant. Even when I'm not in the office, I am almost always thinking about it. I have a hard time sleeping because I start to think about what is going on in the office, and my brain whirls and whirls until I'm exhausted but unable to shut down.

There is money-stress, which I brought on myself by being hasty about moving out and by my rampant internet spending.

Then there's the unnamed stress that wells up inside my chest and cuts off my breathing. I worry about Collapsing Colony Disorder and what we will do if all the bees disappear. I worry about developing cancer. I worry that I am going to lose my sight and my teeth will fall out.

Worry, worry, worry.

This morning, as I walked to work, the valley was full of fog. The temperature dropped last night, and all the grasses at the side of the road looked as though they had been dipped in liquid nitrogen and returned to their original spots. I felt like if I were to wander on to the Golf Course, I would be swallowed up in the mist and wouldn't have to deal with all the hoo-ha waiting for me in the office.

I'm almost wishing the week would end now so I could start over again on Monday. Surely things will be easier next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment