Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tranquil Sunday

I have a batch of chili in the crockpot, apples and nectarines baking in the oven, and a plan for dinner. I'm curled up on the couch with my new notebook, fire crackling away in the fireplace (not because I'm cold but because I still have a ton of firewood left to burn before the fall arrives and I move back into the hotel), and things feel pretty good.

I had a chat with the parentals earlier, and I explained to them the situation at work, what I've been asked to do. I thought about it over the weekend, like Heather asked, and I talked to Kara and Matt (the Sam and Dan of the North), and I decided what I'm going to say. Hopefully, that will put an end to my drinking ^_^

It's nice not having to do anything. I haven't even put on real clothes yet - I've been lounging around in my PJs and hoodie (although the hoodie should probably go, as I sprayed it with soup while I was making lunch). The house is clean enough that I don't feel stressed out when I look around, and although I have a load of laundry I could throw into the machine, I don't feel any pressure about it.

Hooray for Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for a relaxing Sunday! I had hoped to accomplish a lot, but Matt ended up working all afternoon. I did get most of the truck cleaned and vacuumed though. I am hoping to finish mittens tonight and start another pair.

    Your supper sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete