Thursday, April 22, 2010

My body may be giving up the fight

I'm not sure, but yesterday it was my stomach, today it is my throat and head. I think my body is trying to tell me something. Perhaps that something is "You are making yourself sick, dumbass. Go home, wear fuzzy pants, and lie on the couch while watching movies, drinking tea, and feeling sorry for yourself."

I went home a couple of hours early yesterday, because of my Stupid Stomach Troubles. I am debating going home after the others get back from lunch, because I need rest and there's no way I can take a sick day tomorrow.

On the other hand, if I go home, I'm just going to stress out and be anxious about emails coming in or missing phone calls or people thinking I am a slacker.

On the third hand, ginger-ale would be really nice right about now. And maybe some toast with jam. And I wish my dad was here to bring me tea with honey. And my cats were here to curl up on my lap.

Okay, rambling over. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment