Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feeling whiny

I can be pretty obnoxious at time, I think.

I complain a lot, because complaining is so easy, but really, I have a pretty good life. I have my health, a family who loves me (I think), and some really great friends (some old, some new). Yes, there are things that could potentially make my life even better (someone to share it with, a money tree, world peace), but on the whole, I am pretty lucky.

So, when I'm a jerk, I'm really a jerk.

The little voice in my head should be saying stuff like, So what, a girl you went to school with (and didn't even like much at the time) is making a go of it as an actor, where as you went home and lost your nerve and never pursued a career in theatre? So what, the guy who broke your heart years ago is having a baby with his partner and they're both really happy and excited about it, and it makes you feel like you're going to be alone for all eternity? So what?

Right on, voice in my head. I had dinner at Kara's last night, played with the baby, and enjoyed being in the company of pleasant people. I shouldn't let myself get into the mopes just because of a photo.


In positive news, I made a really nice soup for lunch today - Coconut Chicken, with carrots and potatoes and stuff. I feel like I am becoming the Queen of Soups up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment