Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baby, you can drive my car...

If by car I mean truck, and by you I mean me.

I woke up kind of late this morning, which isn't surprising since I didn't fall asleep until late. I puttered around the house, doing dishes, cleaning the fridge, and just generally trying to clean house. I pretended Mom was coming over for lunch, and I didn't want her to see the kind of disorganization I normally live in.

It worked pretty well - it was mostly my quilting stuff that had spread all over the floors. I got a handle on it, and did some trimming and pinning this evening.

In the afternoon, though, I went for a drive. I needed to get gas for my truck (and for my jerry cans), and decided I would take a spin to Carmacks. The store in Carmacks has a much better selection of vegetables than the Hardware store does here in Faro. (I know, Kara, I said I wasn't going to buy any more food, but when I was cleaning this morning I found some veggies in the fridge that had gone a little manky, so I needed to replace them.)

It was a very nice drive. Two hours there, with my satellite radio cutting in and out so that I wound up listening to a CD. I saw a few birds but nothing really big (I guess the North and I are still uncertain about each other), and I sang out loud as I whipped down the road.

By the time I did my mini grocery shop and filled up my tank and cans, I had spent almost an hour in Carmacks. I didn't want to stop at a restaurant because I didn't want to be still for any amount of time - I wanted to be back on the road. The radio was strong all the way home, and I sang and sang.

I like the Campbell Highway between Carmacks and Faro. I like being beside Little Salmon Lake, the way it's open and lovely with the mountain on the opposite side. The shadows of clouds pass over the still-icy surface of the lake and the sun lights up frozen wavelets.

I am glad that I went, and happy to be back. I am making food plans for the rest of the week, and I am confident that I will not be resorting to burgers in the near future ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment