Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cautious optimism is the watchword of the day

I got a phone call last night that could, hopefully, take care of one of my major stressors - namely, a keynote speaker for the Festival. I shan't say too much, lest I jinx it, but things may change this morning.

Made some cupcakes this morning for our last lunch with my boss, and I managed to throw the makings of soup into the crockpot. I did not have enough butternut squash, owing to a complete lack of understanding of: A) what squashes are like on the inside, and B) how quickly an unattended squash will start going rotten. Also, I did not have apple juice or apple cider vinegar. So I had to make some additions.

So it is a butternut squash, apple, and sweet potato soup. I used actual apples instead of juice, and threw in a sweet potato. I might try to sneak out for a few minutes later today and throw some carrots and cauliflower into the mix. It all gets blended up, anyway, and that would be a sneaky way to add more veggies to my diet.*

I can't believe it's only Wednesday - I feel like I have been going for days and days. I think I need to go to Carmacks this weekend, to get gas - I forgot to bring my jerry cans to WH when I picked up the truck, so I will need more fuel very soon, particularly if I am going to keep driving around town (getting super lazy).


*Note, I will not actually be fooled - it's not like I will forget that I put cauliflower in there ^_^

2 comments:

  1. You can also just go to Ross for fuel too! The soup sounds good- I hope it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross is intimidating because I haven't been there yet. At least I know where I'm going with Carmacks ^_^

    ReplyDelete